CALICO JO’S TOP 5 WEDDING PHOTO TIPS
1. Have a pre-wedding meeting with your photographer. Try and view photo locations together around the same time as you are getting married, so you know what the light will be like.
2. Get a scrapbook and cut out photos you really like to show the
photographer. Make sure the photographer is aware what photos you want during the day.
3. Write a list of each photo you want for the family and guests portrait session. After the ceremony the MC can announce “ Can these people stay close for the family and friends photographs with the couple” As each family photo is taken, the MC can then read out who is in the next photo. This saves a lot of time and you don’t have to chase runaway relatives.
4. If you are planning outdoor photos, have a Plan B in case of rain. Consider still having some photos outdoors with umbrellas. The best weather for photography is a fine but cloudy day. Clouds filter the sunlight and stop harsh shadows and squinting.
5. At the reception if you want good photos for cutting the cake and the first dance, don’t dim the lights. Dimming the lights is romantic, but good lighting makes for better photos. Dim the lights after the first dance.
Leave a Reply.